Five Things: Make A Fortune From The Stuff In Your Basement
Five things you need to know today
"Five Things" is a daily Patch feature where we give you Mahwah's top five tips and events for each day of the week. Have a suggestion for a "Five Things" item? E-mail the editor at Jessica.email@example.com.
- The Chamber of Commerce is hosting a breakfast from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. at the Doubletree Hotel on Route 17 South. The topic of discussion at the event will be "Stress-Affecting All Ages." Attendees will “learn about the impact of stress in your life and how to cope with it.” Cost is $25 for members, $40 for non-members.
- Looking for a way to make some extra cash by using the old adage “one man’s trash is another man’s treasure?” Head to the Mahwah Public Library tonight at 7 p.m. for a free seminar entitled “Selling on Ebay,” which will help you turn old items into profits. The seminar is being given by Cindy Gilbert, a County College of Morris Instructor.
- Have a sophomore attending Mahwah High? Remember that the sophomore parents night, hosted by the school’s guidance department, is happening from 7p.m. – 9p.m. tonight in the high school auditorium. The event will address important questions about what kids and parents should be doing to prepare for college now.
- The Board of Adjustment meets tonight at 8 p.m. The resolution on the agenda is about the site adjustment at 193 Route 17 North, which is owned by ADPP Enterprises. The company owns and operated Valero and BP gas stations throughout the state.
- Teens can celebrate the Chines New Year at the library this afternoon. Kids can eat delicious Chinese food with chopsticks and have fun playing games and making paper crafts at 3:15p.m. today.