How Can Moms Avoid Summertime Sweets?
Asking local moms how to stay healthy this season
It’s summer, and it’s humid out – extra ice cream cones and popsicles come along with the territory. While you are watching over what your kids are eating, you might forget about taking care of yourself.
- Choose live food whenever possible (salad, vegetables, fruit, nuts granola and trail mix)
- Eat a healthy meal or snack before you go (so you are not as tempted by the funnel cakes and ice cream!)
- Avoid high sugar items like sodas, Italian ices, sweetened ice teas as well as highly processed snacks and fried foods.
- Make sure to hydrate with water frequently, (soft drinks, and iced teas don’t cut it). Sometimes you have the urge to snack when you are really just thirsty.
- Instead of focusing on all the food and treats, focus on the activity and on the quality time you are spending with your family and friends.
What are your tips? Is it OK to indulge with your kids every once in a while?