Mahwah FD Squashes Brush Fire Near Home's Electric Power Box
Fire started from landscaper's electrical wire, officials said
The Mahwah Fire Department quickly put out a brush fire off Airmont Ave. in Mahwah Tuesday morning, Assistant Fire Chief Brad Stio said. A “small brush fire” broke out near a home on Aronow Place after 9 a.m. Tuesday, Stio said.
“It started from a landscaper’s electrical wire, but the brush was near an electric power box on the home that started smoking, so we called in additional backup to make sure we had enough manpower,” Stio said.
Public Service and Orange and Rockland responded to the fire along with the Mahwah Fire Department, “as a precaution,” Stio said.
“We disconnected the wire, and put the fire out quickly,” Stio said. The small fire did not result in any injuries or serious damage.