PHOTOS: Mahwah's 2012 Graduates 'Filled With Thunderbird Pride And Spirit'
Students receive over $9M in scholarship offers
There were 246 diplomas handed out to the freshest batch of Mahwah High School graduates at Thursday night's graduation ceremony.The Class of 2012 boasted 95.5 percent of its members planning to go on to some form of higher education, with 81.3 percent attending four-year colleges, the release said. According to the school, 0.8 percent will enter the United States Military branches the US Air Force and US Marines.
MHS released a list this week highlighting some of the senior accomplishments:
- 02 National Merit Commended Students
- 24 Students ranked in the First Decile
- 39 Presidential Education Recipients
- 52 Members of the National Honor Society
- 18 Members of the Science National Honor Society
- 30 Members of the Spanish Honor Society
- 10 Members of the French Honor Society
- 30 Principal Award Recipients
- Platinum Thunderbird Scholars (all grades in all courses were greater than 90% for all four years at MHS)
- 6 Presidential Fitness Award Recipients (1 seniors won the award for four years in a row)
- 37 Minds in Motion Recipients
- $9,156,143.00 in scholarship offers received as of June 18, 2012
- Mock trial team was crowned the 2012 Bergen County Champions
Girls Tennis – Patriot Division Champions
Girls Tennis – 2011 Fall Classic Tournament Champions
Ice Hockey – Division Cup Tournament Champions – 3rd consecutive title
Baseball – Patriot Division Champions – 2nd consecutive title, State Sectional Champions, NJSIAA Group 2 Champions, Record North Jersey Team of the Year
Group 1 and 2 Champions, Bergen County Coaches Association Team of the Year
Girls Lacrosse – NJIGLL League Champions
To see an interactive map of where all of the students are headed next year, click here.
Congratulations to the Class of 2012!
If you have photos of your Mahwah grad, add them to the gallery.
Have a question or a news tip? Email the editor Jessica Mazzola at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, follow us on Facebook and Twitter. For news straight to your email inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.