Mahwah To Host 'Your Teen Is Crazy' Doc
November seminar will address parenting concerns on issues like teen sex, drugs use, rebellion and more
An award-winning adolescent psychologist is coming to Mahwah to tell parents their teens are crazy, and offer ideas on the best ways to navigate parenting teens in a 21st Century world.
Dr. Mike Bradley is a Bucks County, Penn.-based psychologist whose 2002 book, Yes, Your Teen is Crazy!: Loving Your Kid Without Losing Your Mind, attempts to guide parents through issues like sex, violence, drugs, alcohol, easy access to guns, and other issues today’s teens face.
The Mahwah Municipal Alliance, a township-based charity made up of Mahwah police officers and resident volunteers, is hosting a Bradley talk this November.
According to a flier for the event, the talk will touch on:
- How the enigmatic teen brain works (and how it doesn’t work)
- The Ten Commandments of Parenting
- The three top ways to earn your kid’s respect (and the three top ways to destroy it)
- Drugs – the DOs and DON’Ts
- Sex & Dating – what every parent needs to know
- Handling rebellion and recognizing teenage depression
The Bradley talk, which will include refreshments and a book signing, is happening at the Doubletree in Mahwah at 7 p.m. on Nov. 28. Seating is limited, so anyone interested in attending is urged to reserve a seat by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.