"Five Things" is a daily Patch feature where we give you Mahwah's top five tips and events for each day of the week. Have a suggestion for a "Five Things" item? E-mail the editor at Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mahwah Police Officer Bill Hunt sent the following information to Patch regarding Sarah Stickel, the woman whose home was completely destroyed by a fire Tuesday: "After receiving numerous requests for information on how to donate money to fire victim, Sarah Stickel, and her daughter, the Mahwah PBA is offering to collect those funds and see that they get to Sarah. [Residents] can send a check to MAHWAH PBA 143 CIVIC ASSOCIATION and put SARAH STICKEL in the memo field of the check. The address for the PBA is: Mahwah PBA, Local #143 115 Franklin Tpke, #140 Mahwah, NJ 07430. The Mahwah PBA Civic Association is a registered 501 (c)(3) charitable organization and ALL monies intended for Sarah and her daughter will be forwarded to them." The police station is also collecting donated items for Sarah and her daughter.
- The Mahwah Museum is hosting an informative talk Thursday night at 7:30 p.m. on New Jersey’s state parks. Get more information here.
- The Mahwah Public Library is hosting a Neighbors-Helping-Neighbors meeting Thursday night. The group supports residents looking for work.
- Head to Ramapo College at 6 p.m. for a Sustainability discussion - "Advancing Consensus on Sustainability in Higher Education: from Curriculum to Climate."
- The Mahwah town council is hosting a public meeting Thursday at 8 p.m. The council is expected to introduce the 2012 township budget.