Watch: Are Mayoral Candidates Prepared For The Job?
See Ed Sinclair and Bill Laforet answer questions from this week's 'Meet the Candidates' night
Wednesday night, the library board hosted the second half of its second annual ‘Meet the Candidates’ Night. Both candidates running for mayor introduced themselves and answered the following question:
This election is for a four-year term as mayor. You’re both relatively new to municipal politics. How have you prepared yourself to lead such a large, diverse community?
Highlights of what they said:
- Dealt with budgets for many years
- Looks at different avenues, spoke with Orange & Rockland about bringing in ratables
- Feels it's a natural progression from DPW to mayor, continue to serve community
- Prepared by owning business in town, Mahwah Sunoco; dealt with boards, panels and charities throughout business’s history
- Says work done over the past 11 months as mayor proves he is prepared; cites 1.75% tax rate increase this year and AAA bond rating
- Need to work on “new ways” to do things, like single-stream recycling
- Prepared because doing the job today
See other videos from the Meet the Candidates night: