School Board "Daddy Ball" Decision Set For Wednesday
Five things Wednesday includes Mahwah Museum fundraiser
"Five Things" is a daily Patch feature where we give you Mahwah's top five tips and events for each day of the week. Have a suggestion for a "Five Things" item? E-mail the editor at Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Mahwah School District Board of Education will meet Wednesday at 7 p.m. The second reading of the new policy that might end volunteer parent coaches at the high school is on the agenda.
- The annual Bergen County Senior Picnic, complete with music, dancing, crafts, and picnicking will take place Wednesday at the Van Saun County Park in Paramus starting at 10 a.m.
- The Mahwah Regional Chamber of Commerce is kicking off its letter-writing campaign in support of a proposed bill that would allow small businesses to purchase group health insurance through Chambers. The multi-chamber event will be held at 6 p.m. Wednesday in Ridgewood, and will feature guest speaker Senator Gerald Cardinale. Get more information here.
- Head to the library at 7 p.m. for a discussion of “Why Jefferson Still Matters” with Leonard Rosenberg Professor Emeritus William Paterson University.
- Going out for dinner? The Mahwah Bar and Grill is donating 10 percent of all sales beginning at 5 p.m. to benefit the Les Paul Exhibit at the Mahwah Museum, which opens next Sunday, September 25.