Temple Tricky Tray Sunday
Five things you need to know includes a day of opera
"Five Things" is a daily Patch feature where we give you Mahwah's top five tips and events for each day of the week. Have a suggestion for a "Five Things" item? E-mail the editor at Jessica.email@example.com.
- Head to the Temple Beth Haverin Shir Shalom at 1 p.m. Sunday. The Sisterhood of Beth Haverim Shir Shalom say they "will be holding a Tricky Tray auction from 1 to 5 p.m. There is no entrance fee. This event displays beautifully gift-wrapped baskets of donated merchandise and gift certificates. Some of the baskets have themes, such as jewelry, electronics, food, toys, and baby items in addition to gift certificates to some of the finest area gourmet restaurants and other businesses. The funds raised support education, social action, scholarships, and more."
- Check out the new “New Jersey Fights in the Civil War” exhibit at the Mahwah Museum.
- See a free show at the library at 2 p.m. - George Gershwin’s “Rhapsody in Blue and More” Piano for two, four, and six hand with Lenny Bord, Marina Bord and Marsha Tyshkov.
- Head to the Wyckoff Y at 2 p.m. for a day of opera. The program will feature selections of selections from Puccini, Verdi, Mozart, and more.
- Know a great kid? Patch is looking to profile the Whiz Kids in our community. Submit your whiz kid to Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org.