The Complete 4th of July Guide
Lots of celebration options this year, including a carnival, parade and riverfront fireworks; What's your favorite way to celebrate?
Residents Wednesday are prepping for all sorts of different Fourth of July celebrations. Let us know how you plan to celebrate America’s birthday, and check all of the following last minute preparations:
Fireworks Shows And Parades:
- ALLENDALE: Wednesday, 9pm Memorial Park, Brookside and Park avenues.
- EAST RUTHERFORD: Wednesday at the State Fair Meadowlands, Meadowlands Fairgrounds next to Met Life Stadium, East Rutherford. The fireworks show will begin after 10:30 pm.
- HACKENSACK: Wednesday, 9:15pm at Foschini Park, 278 River Street.
- NORTH ARLINGTON: Wednesday, 5pm Zadroga Field, 300 Schuyler Avenue will be open to the public to observe the Macy’s 4th of July fireworks display along the Hudson River.
- RIDGEWOOD: Wednesday, 6pm at Veterans Field, behind Village Hall, fireworks at dark. Presale tickets $8, at the gate $15; children 6 to 12 $10; Free for children 5 and under.
- CLIFTON: Wednesday, dusk at the high school stadium, 333 Colfax Avenue, adjacent to the park. $3, tickets available at the city clerk’s office, free for children 3 and under.
- LINCOLN PARK: Wednesday, 9:30pm at JDT Medical Rehabilitation Center, 503 W. Pine Brook Road. Free shuttle buses will be available from the municipal building, Chapel Hill school, the train station, First Reform Church, St. Joseph’s Church, Lincoln Park middle school and elementary school beginning at 5 p.m. Rain date: July 7.
- NEW JERSEY WATERFRONT: Resident's wishing to see the annual Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks display over the Hudson River can take advantage of additional train and bus routes through NJ Transit.
Mahwah does not have a fireworks celebration scheduled. But, mark your calendar for July 12, when Ramapo College will have a fireworks show at 9:30 p.m. as part of its Summer Concert Series.
And, leave the fireworks to the professionals this year. Mahwah Police say they have been asked to up enforcement on illegal fireworks this year.
Staying home and in need of some last minute BBQ recipes? Check this recipe guide, or comment with recipes of your own.
Have a happy, safe 4th of July!