Tuesday Is "Extra Mile" Day In Mahwah
Helping neighbors is the theme of this national event
"Five Things" is a daily Patch feature where we give you Mahwah's top five tips and events for each day of the week. Have a suggestion for a "Five Things" item? E-mail the editor at Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mahwah is one of 227 municipalities across the country that will be going the “extra mile” Tuesday. The goal of the “Extra Mile America” project is to have the residents of cities across the country celebrate residents and organizations who “go the extra mile” to make a difference in their communities. Find out more about how you can be a part of the movement here.
- The League of Women Voters is sponsoring a debate between the candidates for Bergen County Freeholder Tuesday at 1 p.m. at Bergen County Community College.
- Fourth quarter taxes are due Tuesday.
- The Mahwah Public Library is kicking off the “Books for Kids” donation drive Tuesday. Through November 23, new or gently used books will be collected in a bin near the rear entrance of the library to be redistributed to less fortunate New Jersey kids. Learn more about the program here.
- Tony Ioommi, the lead guitarist for Black Sabbath, will be at Bookends in Ridgewood at 6 p.m. Tuesday signing copies of his new book “Iron Man.” Get the info here.