This is the second blog in a series on Travel Tips & Tricks. Today’s topic is on ELECTRONICS. Before you even think about heading out the door on vacation this summer, plan, plan and plan. You will be very thankful you did. A huge key to organization is in the planning stage. Here are 7 bullet points to think about as you get ready to go:
- Smart Phone. Make sure your travel contacts are entered already and ensure its fully charged and synched to your computer. (If you have a BlueTooth device, make sure that is charged too.) Also, know how to lock and unlock it.
- If you don’t already own a label maker now’s the time to get one. With your label maker, make a label for each connecting cord or charger you own so you will know what black wire goes to what piece of equipment.
- GPS. Plug in all addresses for destination purposes. Charge it and have some kind of case for hiding it or carrying it when not in use.
- Camera/Video. Make sure the battery is charged and the memory card is empty and ready to go. Take a second memory card (or external back up) with you if you plan to take hundreds of pictures and lots of video.
- Laptop. Make sure your security program is set. Have it charged and definitely back it up before you leave. Make sure you have any accessories you want to take with you such as an external mouse and again don’t
forget those labeled cords.
- iPod/iReaders. Download your traveling music/audio books and of course charge it. Be cognizant of how you are going to charge these items while away.
- Take a Ziploc baggie and put all your now labeled cords and chargers into one bag. You’ll know where to go when something needs to be charged. And write a list with a sharpie (or the label machine) on the outside so you don’t leave any important wires behind!
For more organizing information be sure to visit www.POSSEpartnersLLC.com.