Invite a friend
Gallery Talk "Les Paul in Word War II" Has Been Rescheduled for Nov 14
GALLERY TALK by CHARLES CARRERAS
This Gallery Talk has been Rescheduled for November 14
In honor of Veteran’s Day, the Mahwah Museum will present “Les Paul in World War II,” a gallery talk by Dr.Charles Carreras, on Wednesday November 14 at 7:30 at 201 Franklin Turnpike, Mahwah. The talk is part of the year-long celebration of “Les Paul in Mahwah,” a tribute to the creative musical genius who lived in Mahwah for over 50 years.
In the Fall of 1943 Les Paul was drafted into the US Army, where he was invited to play for Armed Forces Radio. During his time working with the armed forces, Les began producing music as well as recruiting various well known performers such as Kate Smith andDinahShore . It was here that he learned more about disc recording and electronics, and networked with influential people in the music industry.
Charles Carreras is Professor Emeritus of Latin American Studies at Ramapo College, Vice President of the Mahwah Museum, and is the author of “Les Paul in Mahwah: A Tribute.” His talk will recount how Les Paul’s experiences during his time in the US Army influenced his future career.
Admission to the Gallery Talk is $3, veterans and museum members free. To reserve visit www.mahwahmuseum.org or call 201-512-0099.
TheMahwahMuseum receives operating support from the New Jersey Historical Commission, Department of State.
More About Mahwah Museum Society Inc
Located in what was once the Winter Library from 1949 to 1998, the Mahwah Museum preserves its rich history and connects local residents to the past. The museum has a wide selection of photos, artifacts, historic records and documents. Monthly programs and lectures of interest are held here by professional historians. One can expect a friendly and down-to-earth staff. Persons under 18 receive free admission.
Other events here
- Mahwah Museum Open Weekly on Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays, 1:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Donald Cooper Railroad for All Ages Weekly on Saturdays and Sundays, 1:00 pm–5:00 pm
- New Exhibit: Nike Missile Base in Mahwah Weekly on Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays, 1:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Mahwah Museum : Homespun History - Quilts, Coverlets and Fabric Arts May 18, 2013 / May 19, 2013 / May 22, 2013 / May 25, 2013 / May 26, 2013 / May 29, 2013 / June 1, 2013 / June 2, 2013 / June 5, 2013 / June 8, 2013 / June 9, 2013 / June 12, 2013 / June 15, 2013 / June 16, 2013 / June 19, 2013 / June 22, 2013 / June 23, 2013 / June 26, 2013 / June 29, 2013 / June 30, 2013, 1:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Last Chance to See Les Paul Exhibit Weekly on Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays, 1:00 pm–5:00 pm