Invite a friend
"King of Devil's Island"
Based on a true story: Norwegian winter, early 20th century. On the boys home Bastoy, a new inmate leads the boys to a violenct uprising against a brutal regime. How far is he willing to go to attain freedom? Unrated 2010 (120 minutes) Norwegian. The library will serve popcorn and drinks.
More About Mahwah Public Library
The Mahwah Public Library is located on Ridge Road in Mahwah, near many of the district's school buildings. In addition to a large catalogue of books, periodicals and reference materials, the library also offers classes, events and meetings for kids, teens, adults and families. The library has many resources for research, public use of the Internet and computers and public meeting rooms where book clubs and other various groups can meet. The library has been undergoing a renovation in 2010, the library's downstairs facilities expanded the library's space and ability to host various events.
Other events here
- "The Guilt Trip" Tomorrow, Jun 20, 1:30 pm
- Christina Baker Kline, Author of Orphan Train: A Novel– a Reading and Book signing accompanied by a PowerPoint Short History of the Orphan Train Mon, Jun 24, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Mahwah Library Writers' Collective Weekly on Tuesdays, 6:30 pm–8:30 pm
- Meditaiton Weekly on Tuesdays, 7:30 pm–8:30 pm
- Summer Music Festival 2013 Cellist Nada Radulovich and Pianist Cullan Bryant in Recital Wed, Jun 26, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- "Promised Land" Thu, Jun 27, 1:30 pm
- Richard Muti Author of “Essays for My Father: A legacy of passion, politics, and patriotism in small-town America” Sun, Jun 30, 2:00 pm–3:30 pm
- "Quartet" Thursday Afternoon Movie Thu, Jul 11, 1:30 pm
- "Knit One, Drop In" with Mary Ann Gebhardt Sat, Jul 13, 3:00 pm
- Morning Book Club "Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother" Mon, Jul 15, 10:30 am