Invite a friend
Mahwah Youth Sports Boosters Hosts 8th Annual Memorial Day Softball Tournament
- This weekend, the Mahwah Youth Sports Boosters hosts its 8th annual Memorial Day softball tournament. Thirty four teams from across New Jersey, New York and Massachusetts begin playing on Friday until championship games on Monday.
- Primary playing fields are at Continental Soldiers Park and Commodore Perry field. The first game kicks off 5:00PM on Friday at Continental Soldiers Park.
- This year, three teams will represent Mahwah and residents are invited to come out and root for the Mahwah teams, contribute to fundraising events (awesome T-shirts are available) or just enjoy a day out in the beautiful park. Visitors can also get temporary airbrush tattoos for only $5.00. Field of Creams Cafe at Continental Soldiers Park will be open throughout the entire tournament. The walk-up eatery features treats such as Hershey’s ice cream, crepes (sweet and savory), bubble tea and hot foods for all to the park.
- The concession stand at Commodore Perry Field will also be open throughout the duration of the tournament.
More About Continental Soldiers Park
Located at 550 Ramapo Valley Road directly across the South entrance of Ramapo College, Continental Soldiers Park is a multi-use recreational facility with amenities ranging from toddlers using the playground adults using the walking paths. It consists of two baseball/softball diamonds, a football field, soccer field, playground, skate park, bocce courts, gazebo, walking paths, scenic Lake Henry Trail, computerized field lighting, and Field of Creams cafe open every day early Spring through late Fall featuring grilled foods, more than 20 flavors of Hershey's hand dippped ice cream, soft serve, crepes, bubble tea and more. The park also contains restroom facilities and 233-car parking lot.
Other events here
- MahwahYouth Baseball Camp Daily, 9:00 am–1:00 pm