Invite a friend
Play a Les Paul Guitar Night
Many of the guitars on display in the "Les Paul: A Tribute" exhibit at the Mahwah Museum will be available to play on Wednesday, February 27.
Guitar lovers and Les Paul fans will have a chance to play some of very special guitars once owned and played by Les. Among these guitars is a 1969 Les Paul Custom G-2 made especially for Les by Gibson, and a 1975 custom Heritage 3 experimental prototype Gibson made for Les and Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin. Also available is a 1950 Gibson Solid Body guitar with the first "Les Paulverizer" that Les built. A custom guitar, one of only three, made by Gibson to honor the first responders of Sept 11, 2001 on its 10th anniversary is also available to play.
Musicians can sign up for 45 minute sessions with a maximum of 5 guitarists per session. Sessions are $25 per musician. To reserve a session, email email@example.com or call 201-512-0099.
This event is part of the exhibit "Les Paul in Mahwah: A Tribute." A new exhibit "Nike Missile Base in Mahwah: Nuclear Warheads in Our Backyard" opened in February.
Upcoming events at the Mahwah Museum, 201 Franklin Turnpike, include a Gallery Talk with musician and producer Lou Pallo on March 12. Lou Pallo, a member of the Les Paul Trio, recently released a new Les Paul tribute CD "Thank You, Les." For more information about this and other events at the Museum visit www.mahwahmuseum.org or call 201-512-0099.
The Mahwah Museum receives operating support from The New Jersey Historical Commission, Department of State.
More About Mahwah Museum Society Inc
Located in what was once the Winter Library from 1949 to 1998, the Mahwah Museum preserves its rich history and connects local residents to the past. The museum has a wide selection of photos, artifacts, historic records and documents. Monthly programs and lectures of interest are held here by professional historians. One can expect a friendly and down-to-earth staff. Persons under 18 receive free admission.
Other events here
- Mahwah Museum Open Weekly on Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays, 1:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Donald Cooper Railroad for All Ages Weekly on Saturdays and Sundays, 1:00 pm–5:00 pm
- New Exhibit: Nike Missile Base in Mahwah Weekly on Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays, 1:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Mahwah Museum : Homespun History - Quilts, Coverlets and Fabric Arts May 18, 2013 / May 19, 2013 / May 22, 2013 / May 25, 2013 / May 26, 2013 / May 29, 2013 / June 1, 2013 / June 2, 2013 / June 5, 2013 / June 8, 2013 / June 9, 2013 / June 12, 2013 / June 15, 2013 / June 16, 2013 / June 19, 2013 / June 22, 2013 / June 23, 2013 / June 26, 2013 / June 29, 2013 / June 30, 2013, 1:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Last Chance to See Les Paul Exhibit Weekly on Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays, 1:00 pm–5:00 pm