Invite a friend
Senior Thesis Art Show
The Fall 2012 Senior Thesis Exhibition Opens at Ramapo College
The Berrie Center Art Galleries and the Visual Arts Faculty of Ramapo College of New Jersey are pleased to announce the opening of the Fall 2012 Senior Thesis Exhibition “Ephemera” which is curated by Assistant Professor of Art Jackie Skrzynski. The five graduating seniors represent the Photography, Drawing and Painting concentrations. The exhibition runs from Tuesday, December 18 through Friday, December 21. The opening reception is Tuesday, December 18 from 5 to 7 p.m. Gallery hours are Tuesday and Wednesday from 1 to 7 p.m.; Thursday and Friday from 1 to 5 p.m.
The exhibition will include a variety of works that describe aspects of fleeting cultural, personal and natural experience. Each artist demonstrates an urge to translate a historically impermanent moment, whether they describe fashion, the self, family or nature.
Anna Ritcher ‘12, from Mahwah, NJ, makes large-scale ink drawings that combine images from her family history with transferred obituary notices from local newspapers. Both haunting and wonderfully tender, her drawings remind viewers of the unrelenting passage of time. Using a handmade book format, Ritcher alludes to family photo albums and the role family histories play in shaping our sense of identity and personal ethnography.
Julieanne Collins, from Hohokus, NJ, discovers unacknowledged beauty through her large-scale photographs and projections of small fragments of surfaces. Collins finds inspiration in the effects of weather on her subjects. Her images can be read as aerial views of landscapes and weather systems before one realizes that they are, in fact the tiny cracks, crevices and stains of concrete walls. Collins’s installation recalls the romantic idea of the sublime experience in nature.
More About Ramapo College of New Jersey
The Ramapo College of New Jersey is a state college located at 505 Ramapo Valley Road (Route 202), in Mahwah. Founded in 1969, this four-year institution now has nearly 6,000 students enrolled in undergraduate, graduate and professional programs of study. With a 300-acre campus, this college offers multiple facilities, including athletic buildings, courts and fields, a spiritual center, academic, administration and residence buildings, theaters, art galleries, eating spaces and more. Ramapo College welcomes many residents of Mahwah, Bergen County and across the state of New Jersey as students.
Other events here
- LABOR JOB DEMONSTRATION Daily, 7:00 am–2:00 pm
- RAMAPO EXPLORERS-STEM: MIDDLE SCHOOL ACADEMIC CAMP REGISTRATION OPEN Daily,
- FINANCIAL LITERACY/STOCK MARKET TRADING PROGRAM AT RAMAPO COLLEGE REGISTRATION OPEN Daily,
- All Natural Pet Event - Our pets .... naturally! Sat, Jun 1, 10:30 am–4:00 pm
- Museum Announces Guitar Raffle and Gala to Honor Les Paul Sat, Jun 8, 7:30 pm
- Les Paul 98th Birthday Gala Sat, Jun 8, 7:30 pm
- bucky Pizzarelli, Lou Pallo and Les Paul's Trio to Perform at Gala Honoring Les Paul Sat, Jun 8, 7:30 pm
- STOCK MARKET TRADING CAMP AT RAMAPO COLLEGE: INFO SESSION April 17, 2013 / June 12, 2013, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- REGISTER TODAY FOR RAMAPO COLLEGE'S ADULT DEGREE COMPLETION INFO SESSION May 7, 2013 / June 18, 2013 / July 16, 2013 / August 13, 2013, 6:30 pm
- FREE SAT Practice Test at Ramapo College of New Jersey Sat, Jul 20, 10:00 am–2:30 pm