Invite a friend
VITA: Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program
The VITA Program offers free tax help to low-to-moderate income ($45,000 and below for singles and married filing jointly) people who cannot prepare their own tax returns. Certified volunteers who have received training to help prepare basic tax returns (Federal and State) will be available through tax season. Register at the Reference Desk (walk ins will try to be accommodated).
More About Mahwah Public Library
The Mahwah Public Library is located on Ridge Road in Mahwah, near many of the district's school buildings. In addition to a large catalogue of books, periodicals and reference materials, the library also offers classes, events and meetings for kids, teens, adults and families. The library has many resources for research, public use of the Internet and computers and public meeting rooms where book clubs and other various groups can meet. The library has been undergoing a renovation in 2010, the library's downstairs facilities expanded the library's space and ability to host various events.
Other events here
- Mahwah Library Writers' Collective Weekly on Tuesdays, 6:30 pm–8:30 pm
- Meditaiton Weekly on Tuesdays, 7:30 pm–8:30 pm
- "Silver Linings Playbook" Thu, May 30, 1:30 pm
- Failure at Gettysburg: 15 Decisions that Doomed the Confederacy with Glenn LeBoeuf Mon, Jun 3, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Summer Music Festival 2013 Hyung Do Kim, piano, performing music by composers including Schumann, Chopin, Mussorgsky, and Rachmaninoff Tue, Jun 4, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Summer Music Festival 2013 Violinist Akiko Kobayashi and Pianist Eric Siepkes in Recital performing music by composers including Beethoven “Spring sonata, Schumann, and Stravinsky’s “Suite Italieene” Wed, Jun 5, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- "Intouchables" Thu, Jun 6, 1:30 pm
- "Knit One, Drop In" with Mary Ann Gebhardt Sat, Jun 8, 3:00 pm–4:30 pm
- Summer Music Festival “Violinist Mariya Polishchuk in Recital” Mon, Jun 10, 7:00 pm
- Summer Music Festival “Violinist Susan Hwang in Recital” Tue, Jun 11, 7:00 pm