Mahwah residents got to try out a new Ramapo Centre Restaurant, , as it opened it’s doors to customers for the first time Monday.
“This is a learning experience for all of us, but we are loving it so far,” said Jerry Daniello, who opened the restaurant with his wife, MaryAnn, her sister, Terry Dougherty, and Terry’s husband, Paul.
“I am a retired worker, and Paul was an IT worker for 30 years whose job was shipped overseas. So, we figured, why not try this?”
Mister D’s, in the Ramapo Centre on Macarthur Blvd., will host an official grand opening once the weather gets nicer. However, it’s owners are excited to meet members of the Mahwah community now.
“We all used to live in Mahwah,” said MaryAnn, who now lives in Paramus.
“We picked this place for it’s great location,” added Paul.
Though in the works for the past six months, the eatery’s opening has been “a very good kind of overwhelming. We are excited to see how the community responds to our homemade recipes,” said Jerry.
“We are creating a family atmosphere, with good, reasonably priced food,” he added.
The restaurant, which offers specialties including salmon burgers and ribs, is offering lunch specials this week as a welcome. Lunch specials include:
- Deep fried hot dog with fries and a fountain drink -- $5.25
- Grilled hot dog with fries and a fountain drink -- $4.75
- Sabrett hot dog with fries and a fountain drink -- $4.55
- Burger with fries and a fountain drink -- $7.25
- Cheese steak with fries and a fountain drink -- $8.75
- Grilled chicken with fries and a fountain drink -- $7.50