"Five Things" is a daily Patch feature where we give you Mahwah's top five tips and events for each day of the week. Have a suggestion for a "Five Things" item? E-mail the editor at Jessica.email@example.com.
- The Mahwah Elks are hosting an all-you-can-eat pasta dinner Friday night at 5:30 p.m. .
- “Goat Boy” from Saturday Night Live, AKA Jim Breuer, is performing in Bergen County Friday.
- A free tax preparation aide program will begin at the on Friday. Interested seniors should call 201-529-5757 Ext. 277 or Ext. 213 to schedule an appointment. .
- Registration for Mahwah travel baseball ends this Sunday, February 12. Applications can be found at www.mahwahyouthbaseball.org.
- Snow is forecasted to begin after 10 p.m. Friday night. An accumulation of one to two inches is expected. The predicted weather in Mahwah, from the National Weather Service:
Friday: Increasing clouds, with a high near 45. Calm wind becoming west between 6 and 9 mph.
Friday Night: Snow, mainly after 10pm. Low around 29. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
Saturday: Snow, mainly before 1pm. High near 36. Light wind becoming north between 11 and 14 mph. Winds could gust as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
Saturday Night: A slight chance of snow showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 17. North wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Sunday: A slight chance of snow showers after noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 31. Breezy, with a west wind between 13 and 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Sunday Night: A slight chance of snow showers before 9pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 17. Chance of precipitation is 20%.