With Sandy set to strike New Jersey on Monday into Tuesday, Patch will have nearly 100 journalists and freelancers working across the state to bring you every bit of Sandy news. Here are six ways to get the most out of Patch during the storm.
1. Follow our storm central. Starting at 6 a.m. on Monday, we'll be feeding all of our news and other relevant content from throughout the state into our CoverItLive blog. News, photos, videos, Tweets. If it's Sandy-related it will be there. Want to participate, Tweet using the hashtag #SandyOnPatch to be pulled into the feed, or comment directly.
2. Get the app. If the power goes out, your smartphone may end up being your only tool for getting the info on what’s going on in your community. Click here to get the Patch app for free on iTunes. Not only can you read news on it, but post photos and videos as well. Don't want to download the app? Just type the url of your favorite Patch site into your mobile browser.
3. Post announcements. If you are a government agency, use our announcements section to let people in town know the latest information about your town.
4. Comment. If you have relevant information to add, jump in and make a comment. These storm stories will continue to evolve as we speak to more officials and locals. You can be a real-time source by commenting.
5. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook. Often, the quickest bits of information we send out will be through Twitter or Facebook. You can find your site's social media information at the very top right of this window.
6. Send us your photos and videos. We'd love to run any photos or videos you take during the storm (but please don't compromise your safety). You can add them to any article or email them to TOWNNAME@patch.com. In other words, a Mahwah Patch user would send a photo to Mahwah@patch.com.