A woman whose check engine light went on as she pulled into a parking space in the A&P shopping center in Mahwah Saturday morning got more than she bargained for when authorities say her car burst into flames.
According to Mahwah Fire Chief Ed Garza, the woman's Chrysler Sebring caught on fire in the lot at about 7:30 a.m. Saturday, right after the check engine light went on.
Though Garza said the FD is unsure about what sparked the flame, he said the fire started in the engine compartment of the car.
The unidentified woman was not injured, and there was no damage to any surrounding property, Garza said.
Mahwah Fire Company 1 responded to the blaze and put it out.