.

Mahwah FD Squashes Brush Fire Near Home's Electric Power Box

Fire started from landscaper's electrical wire, officials said

The quickly put out a brush fire off Airmont Ave. in Mahwah Tuesday morning, Assistant Fire Chief Brad Stio said. A “small brush fire” broke out near a home on Aronow Place after 9 a.m. Tuesday, Stio said.

“It started from a landscaper’s electrical wire, but the brush was near an electric power box on the home that started smoking, so we called in additional backup to make sure we had enough manpower,” Stio said.

Public Service and Orange and Rockland responded to the fire along with the Mahwah Fire Department, “as a precaution,” Stio said.

“We disconnected the wire, and put the fire out quickly,” Stio said. The small fire did not result in any injuries or serious damage.

Mercedes1 March 13, 2012 at 06:07 PM
Always quick to respond...Mahwah's finest at work, again!
J March 13, 2012 at 07:12 PM
Great job again Mahwah FD!

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »