UPDATE: EMTs Say Starter And Batteries Responsible For Burning Ambulance

No injuries were reported as a result of the smoking ambulance

"I was told by Wilsons Garage in town that ambulance 496 suffered from a bad starter and three batteries had to be replaced," Co. 4's Chuck Jandris said of Wednesday night's ambulance smoking.

Two emergency workers were on board Co. 4 Ambulance #496 when it started smoking after 9 p.m. Wednesday night, prompting the workers to call the fire department, Mahwah Lt. Stuart Blank said. 

“There were no visible flames,” Blank said.

According to police, the ambulance, which started burning in the parking lot of the Macarthur Blvd. 7-Eleven, was towed to Wilson’s Auto Body and the battery was disconnected.

"The ambulance workers were not responding to a call at the time of the incident," Blank said.

Jessica Mazzola April 21, 2011 at 10:51 AM


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »