Hosting a couch-full of hungry Super Bowl viewers this Sunday? Looking for the perfect sweet treats to keep your guests smiling, no matter which team takes home the Vince Lombardi trophy?
Never fear, Madhuri Premnath, the Mahwah resident who owns Baked in a Cup gourmet bakery on Main Street in Ramsey, is here to help. The baker is recommending two of her favorite, easy game day recipes.
“I use them a lot when I want to make a quick dessert,” she said of these two sweet Super Bowl suggestions:
Strawberries and Cream
- 1 box fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- Wash the fresh strawberries and remove the hull
- Cook the strawberries and sugar on medium heat on the stove top
- Once the strawberries come to a thick syrup consistency, turn off the heat and let it cool
- Mix the syrup and heavy cream and serve cold
- You can also serve with vanilla ice cream
- You can add the strawberries and cream to a cup of cold milk and crushed ice to make a strawberries and cream milkshake
- 2 cups crushed graham cracker
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 packet Jello
- 2 cup marshmallows
- Crush the graham cracker crust and keep aside
- Melt the butter and mix with graham cracker crust and press it down onto a square pan or a serving dish
- Make the jello (any flavor you like) and pour onto the graham cracker crust. Let it set in the fridge
- Once the Jello is set, melt the marshmallows and pour over the jello
- Repeat the steps with jello and marshmallows, and let it cool in the fridge
- Once it is completely set, take out from fridge and cut into pieces and serve cool
Got an easy Super Bowl dessert recipe to share with your neighbors? Leave them in the comments section below!