Sometimes walking your dogs can be hazardous to their health. According to the Material Safety Data Sheet, exposure to calcium chloride (those white sidewalk pellets) is listed as "severe". It can burn your dog's paw, mouth and even burn the digestive tract. Exposure to salt can cause sores, blisters and infection.
After a winter walk it is a good idea to wash off the paws with warm water or a wet towel. Many people use paw wax,vaseline or of course booties to protect the paws.
After a paw wash it's always nice to give a nice paw massage and belly rub.
- The national dog of Mexico is the Xoloitzcuintle.
- The Asian spitz-type breeds, which include Pekingese and Chow Chows, have the closest DNA link to the wolf.
- One survey reports that 33% of dog owners admit they talk to their dogs on the phone or leave messages on answering machines while they are away
- A German Shepeherd guide dog led her owner across the entire Appalachian Trail which is 2100 miles.
- Your pet sitter should be bonded and insured.
Thanks for visiting my blog, the furrygodmother.com
serving Ramsey and Mahwah