WYCKOFF - With the Easter Season just around the corner, members of the Food Pantry Ministry Team at Powerhouse Christian Church (PHCC), at 500 West Main St., Wyckoff, are reaching out to the community to help provide gift boxes for persons in need. PHCC is once again partnering with the Wyckoff Health Department to deliver food boxes to local seniors and to the Children's Love Fund.
Because of this, the PHCC Food Pantry is seeking donations to fill the gift boxes which will contain a variety of canned goods, foods and juices.
The PHCC Food Pantry will receive all donations until March 25 at the church between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m. or arrangements can be made by contacting Sherry Davis, Powerhouse Christian Church Food Pantry Coordinator at (201) 704-2676.
"As in the past, we would like to provide food, grocery store gift cards to go with the boxes," said Davis. "If you would like to help with the cards, please donate cash or checks payable to the Powerhouse Christian Church with ‘Food Pantry’ on the memo line. Thank you for your generosity."
The following items needed are*:
- Four 15 1/4 oz. corn (any brand)
- Four 14 1/2 oz. green beans (Del Monte)
- One 1 lb. bag of rice (any brand)
- Two 15 1/2 oz. can small red or pink beans (Goya)
- One 2 lb. box Bisquick (Betty Crocke)
- Four 10 3/4 oz. can Chicken Noodle Soup (Campbells/Progresso)
- Two 16 oz. box spaghetti (any brand) * One 12 oz. box mac and cheese deluxe (Kraft)
- One 48 oz. (large) juice (pineapple/white grape) (any brand)
- One 15 1/4 oz. canned peaches or pears (Del Monte)
- Two 15 1/4 oz. can mixed fruit (Del Monte)
- One 10 1/2 oz. can beef or mushroom gravy (any brand)
- One 12 oz. jar grape jelly (any brand)
- One 16.3 oz. jar Peanut butter (Jiffy)
- Four 3 oz. boxes Jello (strawberry) (any brand)
- Two 24.6 oz. box Parmalot (shelf safe) Milk (any brand)
- One 18.25 oz. Cake mix (Duncan Hines/Betty Crocker)
- One 16 oz. Cake Frosting (Duncan Hunes/Betty Crocker)
- One 14 oz. box Cereal (any brand)
- One box Tea (any brand)
For more information contact Sherry Davis, Powerhouse Christian Church Food Pantry Coordinator at (201) 704-2676 or church office at (201) 540-1993.
*NOTE: All amounts are per box.